Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri placed 10th in the 2022 Best Medium Size Companies to Work in Florida. We would love for you join our award winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
Responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company including direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships, and partner compliance by performing the following duties.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as key strategic leader and member of the Senior Management Team reporting directly to the President.
- Handles responsibility for all accounting cycle testing, auditing, and compliance functions.
- Produces monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports on both STAT, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including consolidating entities and coordinating annual audits.
- Prepares and files premium tax returns and all statutory reporting.
- Prepares and works with internal tax department on quarterly and annual federal income tax filings.
- Handles responsibility for management oversight of reinsurance accounting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Creates, support, and maintains investment guidelines for the organization.
- Maintains a leadership role in management of regulatory, rating agency, and Board of Directors reporting and communication functions.
- Confers with board members, organization officials, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum ten years industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- IPO experience preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to speak English
- Dependability skills
- Adaptability and flexibility skills
- Ability to cooperate with others
- Ability to manage stress
- Ability to act with integrity
- Analytical thinking skills
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful deadlines
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Relocation Assistance
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Summer Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Learn more about us at www.centauriinsurance.com.
To apply for this job please visit csih.bamboohr.com.