Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri placed 10th in the 2022 Best Medium Size Companies to Work in Florida. We would love for you join our award winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
This position reports to the Director of Underwriting and is responsible for the overall management of the commercial underwriting team. Applies an advanced level of expertise and judgment to analyze data prepared by underwriters and provides higher level approvals for risk selection.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads a culture of underwriting excellence and accountability. Sets and enforces adherence to standards, measure results and addresses positive and negative performance appropriately.
- Manages and coaches staff in technical and professional skills. Cultivates an environment conducive to continuous improvement, advancing knowledge, and root cause problem solving.
- Determines appropriate pricing of the most complex risks for assigned book of business based on financial and competitive analysis in line with compliance requirements.
- Participates with senior management in the development and implementation of underwriting policy, marketing, and business strategy.
- Develops and executes standards and process for monitor performance measurements used in auditing the performance of staff on underwriting processes, regulatory requirements, and internal documentation standards.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for process improvements and overall efficiency
- Reviews, evaluates, and proposes changes to underwriting guidelines based on market changes.
- Key contributor in projects/initiatives of complex scope for underwriting processes or solutions.
- Recommends adjustments to underwriting policies, programs, products, and workflows.
- Develops underwriting educational programs/tools, and/or communications for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university.
- 8 or more years underwriting experience and two or more years supervisory experience.
- Insurance licenses, CPCU or comparable designations preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of commercial residential property and/or businessowners coverage. Additional knowledge in financial analysis, account management and pricing and negotiation.
- Knowledge and experience in E&S markets / property pricing is a plus.
- Decision making; working effectively with others; communicating effectively; executing well.
- Analytical skills and the ability solve complex problems, as well as manage multiple projects.
- Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
- Advanced expertise in contracts, underwriting programs, guidelines, and processes.
- Knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, internet software, project management software, database systems, and contact management systems.
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have ability to handle stressful deadlines.
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Summer Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Learn more about us at www.centauriinsurance.com.
To apply for this job please visit csih.bamboohr.com.