Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri placed 10th in the 2022 Best Medium Size Companies to Work in Florida. We would love for you join our award winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
The primary role of this position is to review and analyze commercial lines insurance submissions and applications and renewal business within established underwriting guidelines and procedures for our Businessowners book of business. This position is required to demonstrate complex decision-making with broad limits of authority to recommend pricing and risk exceptions where appropriate to maximize and meet business plans. Under limited supervision uses advanced knowledge and skills to handle complex account work, solve problems, and provide technical support.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Support a profitable book of business by accepting or rejecting new, renewal, and endorsement applications in accordance with company guidelines.
- Establish and maintain relationships with agents to understand their needs and provide service that responds to their needs.
- Ensure standards for timeliness are met; confirm data integrity for discounts, exposure base, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, including marketing, product, risk management, executive staff, vendors, and agents.
- Assist in the training of agents on systems, process, rules, and products
- Contribute to business requirements, user acceptance testing, and special projects.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of class of business and line of business trends, emerging market needs, issues and competition.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university.
- 5 or more years of experience in commercial property lines underwriting – BOP underwriting experience is a plus.
- Professional designation (CPCU, AU, ARM), or progress towards one, preferred.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and product specific knowledge with experience in handling homeowner’s coverage.
- Technical proficiency in underwriting/rating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures, as well as knowledge of personal insurance lines of business including product features, forms, regulatory environments, and risks.
- Analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to exercise judgement, negotiate, and make sound decisions effectively.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of other Microsoft programs a plus.
- Strong process orientation, excellent interpersonal skills, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment.
- Ability to prioritize important and pressing tasks.
- High-level of motivation.
- Demonstrate ability to complete complex underwriting assignments.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have ability to handle stressful deadlines.
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Summer Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Learn more about us at www.centauriinsurance.com.
To apply for this job please visit csih.bamboohr.com.