Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri placed 10th in the 2022 Best Medium Size Companies to Work in Florida. We would love for you join our award winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
The Excess & Surplus Lines Project Manager will support the and lead Centauri into E&S market offerings. The endeavor moves the company from a fully admitted space to a split product offering, including an E&S product. Introduction of the new product requires the ability to execute quickly and includes building processes alongside and seamlessly integrated into the current standard program.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Solid understanding of business terminology, systems and data processing practices and procedures.
- Provides strategic direction and insights throughout project lifecycle.
- Work with all business units to develop, program, and market E&S products.
- Project management including planning, business requirements, timeliness, cost, and quality.
- Contributes to development of training materials and presentations.
- Analyze product performance, recommend, and execute recommendations necessary to achieve corporate goals.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to make decisions, identify and resolve problems.
- Plans, directs, and communicates critical business project detail, progress, risks and change requests.
- Up to 10% travel required
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ personal lines property experience in product, actuarial, underwriting, finance, claims, or operations desired. At least 3 years in Excess and Surplus markets.
- Business process mapping experience preferred.
- CPCU or testing toward CPCU preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) is a must.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Problem Solving– Gathers and analyzes information; uses problem solving methodology to address and resolve issues.
- Judgment– Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Teamwork – Able to work professionally and productively as a member of a team to accomplish assignments.
- Workflow– High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Communication – Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports; ability to write and present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have ability to handle stressful deadlines.
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Summer Casual Dress code
- Hybrid WFH – 1 day a week option
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Learn more about us at www.centauriinsurance.com.
To apply for this job please visit csih.bamboohr.com.