Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri placed 10th in the 2022 Best Medium Size Companies to Work in Florida. We would love for you join our award-winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
Provides support to the Human Resources Director on all personnel matters. The position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, training, recruiting, onboarding, payroll processing and building maintenance. The successful candidate is extremely detail oriented, confidential and meticulously organized.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with recruitment processes, such as preparing job postings, scheduling interviews, tracks applicant status, submits and follows-up on background investigations.
- Back-up for receptionist when needed.
- Responsible for onboarding candidates and offboarding employees.
- Assists in the benefits administration to include, benefit bill reconciliation, 401(k) changes.
- Maintains company fleet vehicle logs, recall notices, etc.
- Maintains HRIS system and compiles reports from the database.
- Processes payroll semi-monthly.
- Responds to employment verifications.
- Assists in coordinating lunch and learns, participates in the culture club.
- Researches and develops job descriptions.
- Handles facility requests or issues through completion/resolution, including reporting on status and closure of request or issue.
- Assists with HR correspondence, makes photocopies, scan documents and perform other clerical functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- SHRM-CP or HRCI PHR designation preferred.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite especially Power Point.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience in human resources in a professional environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision. Must have the ability to remain confidential regarding employee issues and information. Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas.
- Must have strong planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Understanding of HR principles and basic employment law.
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful deadlines.
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Business Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Learn more about us at www.centauriinsurance.com.
To apply for this job please visit csih.bamboohr.com.