Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri placed 10th in the 2022 Best Medium Size Companies to Work in Florida. We would love for you join our award-winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
Assists the Human Resources Director with employee initiatives, and coordinates maintenance of the building together. The Office Assistant is required to maintain confidentiality relating the majority of the essential job functions.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new employee background verifications.
- Maintain employee phone list.
- Coordinates Lunch and Learns.
- Assists or prepares correspondence.
- Maintains groceries and shopping needs for café.
- Handles birthday/anniversary announcements and balloons.
- Makes photocopies, scan documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists in scheduling new employee orientations.
- Receptionist duties.
- Schedules meetings as needed.
- Manages facilities requests and handles (monitors) requests or issues through completion/resolution, including reporting on status and closure of request or issue.
- Investigates facility issues, determines the appropriate action required and monitors until resolution is completed.
- Maintains facilities log, coordinates with Building Manager, and follows-up on each request.
- In coordination with Human Resources Director, prepares recommendations on a variety of facility-related issues.
- Maintains building security access.
- Maintains building technology controls, music, conference room screens, etc.
Other Department Duties:
- Answers overflow calls for Commercial Lines and takes customer payments.
- Provides administration functions, as assigned, including but not limited to proof-reading documents, filing, organization, mailing.
- Folds and mails checks for Accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a professional environment
- Insurance background very helpful
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and knowledge of other Microsoft programs.
- Must have strong planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas.
- Must understand new building technology, such as conference room presentation connectivity, video text set-up, building audio, building security website, etc.
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Business Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Learn more about us at www.centauriinsurance.com.
To apply for this job please visit csih.bamboohr.com.