Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri placed 10th in the 2022 Best Medium Size Companies to Work in Florida. We would love for you join our award winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
We’re looking for creative individuals who want to lead teams to develop products, pricing, and features to give our customers a best-in-class insurance experience. The Product Manager analyzes business issues and provides recommendations for the implementation of new rating plans, underwriting rules, process improvements, and other initiatives to support profitable growth.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with all departments to enhance and refine products.
- Analyze product performance, recommend, and execute recommendations necessary to achieve corporate goals.
- Project management including planning, business requirements, timeliness, and quality.
- Contributes to development of training materials and presentations.
- Implements new state programs and products to support corporate goals.
- Leads the rate review process, including preparing the filings and state required supporting documents, serving as liaison to the Departments of Insurance, and providing guidance to systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ personal lines property experience in product, actuarial, underwriting, finance, claims or operations desired.
- CPCU or testing toward CPCU preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply analytics to solve problems.
- A demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of trends in personal lines property products and rates.
- Experience in the creation and development of new products.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must. Ability to use custom and applicable software preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally with individuals and groups.
- Effective listening, oral and written communication skills necessary for inter-departmental collaboration, compliance, presentations and project management.
- Dependability and excellent time management skills.
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to make decisions and establish priorities.
- Ability to organize and deal with a variety of situations, discern problems and recommend/implement resolutions.
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have ability to handle stressful deadlines.
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Summer Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
To apply for this job please visit csih.bamboohr.com.