Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri placed 10th in the 2022 Best Medium Size Companies to Work in Florida. We would love for you join our award winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
Responsible for and has the authority to make all decisions on risk management issues that directly impact the strategic direction of the company by performing the following duties.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages all state pricing and actuarial filings.
- Expands new state pricing initiatives.
- Manages all facets of catastrophe risk process.
- Responsible for catastrophe modeling and statistical analysis.
- Devises systems and processes to monitor validity of risk modeling outputs.
- Distributes exposure and capacity of exposure by zone or region.
- Designs proprietary risk measurement tools.
- Designs proprietary profitability and capital allocation measurement tools.
- Handles responsibility for strategic measurement and maintenance of overall corporate risk.
- Handles responsibility for loss mitigation strategy.
- Handles responsibility for presentations.
- Handles responsibility for negotiations.
- Handles responsibility for authorizations.
- Manages loss reporting and bordereaux reports.
- Manages and provides support for allocations to lines, states, and regions.
- Sets, reviews, and manages corporate wide loss and LAE reserves.
- Handles responsibility for schedule P quarterly and annual statement.
- Reviews corporate wide enterprise risk management.
- Manages communications relating to risk management and pricing with Board of Directors, Rating Agencies, and Regulatory Authorities.
- Manages and coordinates audits and consulting actuaries including pricing and reserving.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- Master of Science degree in Actuarial Studies preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum ACAS or FCAS required
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Administration and management skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Dependability skills
- Adaptability and flexibility skills
- Ability to cooperate with others
- Stress management skills
- Ability to act with integrity
- Analytical thinking skills
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful deadlines
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Relocation Assistance
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Summer Casual Dress code
- Hybrid work day (Thursday or Friday)
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Learn more about us at www.centauriinsurance.com.
To apply for this job please visit csih.bamboohr.com.