Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri placed 10th in the 2022 Best Medium Size Companies to Work in Florida. We would love for you join our award winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
Manages the day to day legal and compliance operations for all levels of the Corporation, including but not limited to operations, claims, regulatory and corporate. Supports the Secretary of the Board of Directors with various matters including drafting of resolutions and providing the Board with proper notifications. Coordinates all legal review of documents that bind the corporation and assists in the development, maintenance and implementation of company’s corporate governance policies by performing the following duties.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversight for compliance, regulatory, and examination affairs.
- Support of Claims litigation (in conjunction with VP of Claims).
- Manages corporate legal matters including Board of Directors and Shareholder support and corporate contract work.
- Coordinates with external legal counsel on all legal matters.
- Provides advice and guidance to management on matters related to problem solving, discipline, termination, and employment law.
- Conducts investigations.
- Coordinates market conduct and other examinations with regulators.
- Drafts, interprets, and manages all proposal and contract documents.
- Works closely with diverse business groups and with external customers.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years related experience.
- Minimum 5 years insurance experience preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information; solving problems with math.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Teamwork – Able to work professionally and productively as a member of a team to accomplish assignments.
- Workflow – High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Communication – Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports; ability to write and present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Computer Applications – Proficiency with general ledger systems and Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word. Intermediate or better skill level in Excel is a must.
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful deadlines
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Relocation Assistance
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Summer Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
To apply for this job please visit csih.bamboohr.com.